If you have any queries about this policy, please get in touch at [email protected]
and we will do our best to answer your questions.
Personal information collected and use of this information
Here is a list of the information that we collect about festival attendees, website users and those opting in to Cypriot Wine Festival and Business Expo update communications:
- i) Name: we only store this for those purchasing tickets via our official ticket partner. This is in order to identify festival ticket holders uniquely (by name of booker) and in interest of on-site safety on the day of the event.
- ii) Email: we only store this for people who have previously opted in to Cypriot Wine Festival and Business Expo update communications, or who buy or pre-register for tickets (opting in to receive priority news/announcements). We will only send you relevant information about Cypriot Wine Festival and Business Expo and related events. This will be communicated via both email and social media (see below).
iii) Photo/videos: professional photos/videos will be taken/filmed at the festival, and may be used for promotional purposes after the event. By attending the festival, you are agreeing being photographed/captured on video and to the use of this material without your specific consent.
Other use of this information
- iv) Phone number: we only require this for those purchasing tickets via our official ticket partner. This is the in interest of on-site safety on the day of the event. Customers may also provide their mobile phone number when registering for tickets or communications/updates. In this case, this information may be used to communicate news/announcements about Cypriot Wine Festival and Business Expo tickets via text message.
- i) Other than as set out above, we will not disclose any of your personal information without your permission unless we are required by law to do so (for example, if required to do so by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime).
- ii) Cookies – When you visit this website we may store some information (commonly known as a “cookie”) on your computer, to help us customise content and to analyse traffic to the website.
- a) Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to your hard drive to store and sometimes track information about you. Cookies are specific to the server that created them and cannot be accessed by other servers, which means that they cannot be used to track your movements around the web. A cookie helps you get the best out of our website and helps us provide you with a more customised experience when you visit.
- b) You can block or erase cookies from your computer if you want to (your browser’s help screen should tell you how to do this).
iii) Social media
Right to erasure (also known as ‘right to be forgotten’)
- a) We may also use email addresses of ticket purchasers and festival attendees, or those who have opted in to Cypriot Wine Festival and Business Expo updates, to communicate to you via your associated social media channels This is used only to deliver news and information from Cypriot Wine Festival and Business Expo and related to our festivals and events, and will not be shared with any third parties.
- b) We may also use information about visitors to this website in order to communicate to you via your associated social media channels (using technology such as Facebook pixel). This enables us to customise content and communications to be maximally relevant to all of our audiences, based on the information you have viewed on this site and sites of our trusted partners.
You have the right to erasure of your data from our systems. This can be done by contacting us at [email protected]
After consenting to us using your personal information as described in this policy, we will retain it on our system for as long as we deem to be a period within which you may still be engaged with the Cypriot Wine Festival and Business Expo brand and interested in attending our festival/events, or until you opt out of our marketing communications. After that we will delete your data in line with this policy.
We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites even if you access them using links from our website, and recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
In addition, if you linked to this website from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners or operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
If at any time you would like to contact us with your views about our privacy practices, or with any enquiry relating to your personal information, you can do so by emailing us at [email protected]